Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Good morning! Now that we're on our 2nd cup of coffee, we're ready to start making plans for the day. My daughter Kristen celebrates her 40th today, can't believe it! Also, my sis and her husband are coming from Michigan to hang out with us for the next week. We'll be heading up to Sedona, Flagstaff and eventually the Grand Canyon...their 1st time.

It's been pretty laid back here. I was planning on going for a little hike, but after Walt had that little run-in with a rattlesnake, I'm a little hesitant. We have a nice little grassy area outside, and yesterday I watched a little cottontail come over and eat to his hearts content. Also, we put up a hummingbird feeder, and they found it immediately. Who knew there were hummingbirds in the desert? Oh, and doves too...I think they're called mourning doves, because they make that little cooing sound.

Life is so good. We keep looking at each other and saying, Oh my God, we're living our dream! Now, if we could just take you all with us...........

Carol

1 comment:

  1. I always wondered about you Walt :) Very cute, RuPaul is looking for you! Hummingbirds, of course! They thrive in the desert.... where there's humans with sugar water! There's a place in a canyon in Palm Springs where I saw at least 25 hummers!! Great video; I would try to rig my camera inches away... can't do that with mine!

    I have been taking my computer into the shop, 3X now, so haven't been "hot" to check-in. Bombers and P-51 arrive at Long Beach tomorrow, so I'll be doing that thru May 14.

    How close did Walt get to the rattler? Very bad stuff, you guys! Rattler bites attack human systems very seriously, and cause an incredible amount of damage. You shouldn't be walking around snake country in sandals. If you ever look-up rattlesnake bites on the internet and see the photos, you become a believer fast.

    I gotta go look-up your blog stuff I've missed. THANK-YOU for sending that hummingbird video!!

    Love you, Greg

    ReplyDelete