Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Our first day out.....

We got to Kristen's house in Fallbrook about 9:30 last night. I was kind of bummed out, because the twins had already gone to bed, but it was such a beautiful drive down the 101, I have to say it was worth it. The weather was perfect for traveling, blue skies and warm sun. The San Gabriel Mountains were covered in green, and the Pacific was a deep gorgeous blue.

We stopped at Pea Soup Andersons for a bowl of their famous soup (not as good as mine, Walt said. I learned from my mom how to make it, and she had it down!) Then another 20 minutes at the gas station in Ventura...that's how long it takes to fill up our tank. 53 gallons and we were back on the road again. It's after 5:00 by now, and we hit L.A. traffic just about the worst time of day. And of course, people just love motorhomes..........NOT!!! All they want to do is get in front of us, and some really make big asses of themselves doing it. They don't realize that Mario Andretti is behind the wheel of this rig! I'm sure most of you have heard me say that Walt drives this thing like it's a sports car.

Buddy did really good on the ride down. He slept a lot of the time, mostly right up on the dashboard in one of his little cozy spots, drenched in sunshine. After it started to get dark, he climbed up on my lap and graced me with his company.

We arrived exhausted from the 10 hr. plus drive. Peeked in on the girls, had a short visit with Blanca and Kristen, and headed for bed. Our first day of travel was long, but just about perfect!


7 comments:

  1. That is a great first day out. I enjoyed hearing about the trip down the coast. Kiss ALL the girls for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures are great!!! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Great! Can you post pictures in the inside of the Love Shack ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaaron, That's a good idea. I will take some pics of the inside of our coach. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. The pictures are great. Now I see how you are carrying the motorcycle and your bikes. There's a lot behind you when you back up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Sis...that's when the back-up camera comes in handy!

      Delete
  5. After a long drive I can't think of anything better than a 7&7 and a Romeo y Julieta.

    ReplyDelete